Re: gangs

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kimmika, It depends on what the virus is (name of). Do you have any
type of anti virus software on your PC? Is the anti virus software on your
PC updatable by vendor diskette or through Internet? Did the software
recognize the virus and try to correct it? What is the virus doing to
your PC - hard drive, etc.? Can you actually get into any of your
files/programs on that PC? Once a virus has infiltrated a PC, it is very
difficult to load a virus software, but Norton Antivirus has a bootable
diskette that you can use to get rid of a virus even if you don't have
antivirus software preloaded. In the future, it would be a good idea to
load an antivirus software package like Norton, MacAfee First Aid, Dr.
Solomon's, IBM antivirus, etc. onto your PC - lot's of nasty viruses
floating around. It is also vitally important that you e-mail the person
you received the attachment from and tell them about the virus so they can
irradicate it in the same manner. A posting on the listserv with the name
of the virus and the effects you found would be helpful as well. Hope this
helps. Jim Scholtz, Yankton Community Library.