videos on global economy (fwd)

William Stinson (
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

This series was produced for Open Learning in Australia. It is very good.
I am not sure if it is available in the U.S. but you could follow that up
with BBC Australia or Open Learning themselves.

The Global Economy
Format: [videorecording]
Pub Info: [Melbourne] : Australian Broadcasting Corporation
in association with Monash University for the Open
Learning Agency, c1994.
13 videocassettes (VHS) (ca. 390 min.) : sd., col.;
1/2 in.
"An Open Learning Unit offered by Monash
University" Distributed in Australasia by: BBC
Training Videos. Producer/presenter: Craig
Saunders; director: Ashley Schwall-Kearney.
Contents: 1. Trade -- 2. Protectionism -- 3. Trade policy --
4. Trading blocs -- 5. Labour & capital mobility --
6. Multinationals -- 7. Fixed v. floating exchange
rates -- 8. Managing currencies -- 9. Capital
flight & hyperinflation -- 10. Developing countries
-- 11. Economies in transition -- 12. The
environment -- 13. The evolving world.
course in isolation from the world. We resemble a
global economic village as many forces bring closer
integration. This series examines those forces,
their causes, effects, and problems they can

Bill Stinson
Academic Outreach Librarian
Information and Technology Services Department
Macquarie University
Sydney phone: 02 850-7541
NSW 2109 fax: 02 850-7513
Australia email: