Re: Stalin video

Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

We scored our copy of the 3 volume Thames Stalin from Films Inc.:

Stalin / a co-production of Thames Television and WGBH Boston.
Chicago, IL : Films Incorporated, 1990.
Series: Stalin series.
Orginally televised on PBS stations, May-June, 1990.
Title on cassette label: Stalin series.
Co-released with the book: Stalin, a Time for Judgement, by
Jonathan Lewis and Phillip Whitehead.

which means, of course, unless someone else has picked this up (and I
don't think they have), it be gone for good... Films for the Humanities
(http://www.films.com) has a couple of decent titles re Stalin; you might
scope it out.

Gary Handman

At 01:30 PM 06/17/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking to purchase a video titled Stalin. It is from 1990 and is a
>co-production of Thames Television and WGBH Boston. It consists of 3
>videos at 60 minutes each. We have contacted WGBH/PBS distributers and
>they have told us that they do not know anything about it (???) I
>visited the Thames Television website and do not see it in their list of
>documentaries. It was distributed by Public Media Video. Can anyone
>give me any leads to this?
>
>Tami-Jo Eckley
>Electronic Services & Media Librarian
>Manhattanville College Library