Re: Colloden (again)

Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the cataloging for the Battle of Culloden we got from FACETS:

Battle of Culloden.
Title: Culloden / the British Film Institute presents a BBC production
; written and directed by Peter Watkins. [s.l.] : Balzac
Video, [198-?]

Notes: Based on an historical study by John Prabble.
Issued as a motion picture in 1967.
With: The War game.
Credits: Production assistant, Valerie Booth ; photography,
Dick Bush ; film editor, Michael Bradsell.
Re-creates the 1746 Battle of Culloden between the rebellious
highland Scottish forces of Bonnie Prince Charles and the
regular British Army sent to Scotland to put down the
rebellion.

At 08:07 AM 06/16/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>I am incredibly grateful for the two suggestions for Battle of Culloden.
>However, I was actually thinking of the B&W version directed by Peter
>Watkins, and dating from the early 1960's. I will assume that the BBC
>version is the one that I want. All the same, it is useful to learn that
>there has been a new re-enactment/docudrama. I expect both pieces of
>information to come in handy.
>
>If anyone has any further information on either of these two versions, I'd
>be glad to get it, whether through this list or directly to me at
>aa349@chebucto.ns.ca.
>
>Speaking of which.... was Culloden ever included in the great battles of
>history series that used to run on A&E? IF so, would there be a third
>version available, other than what has already been mentioned on this
>list?
>
>Regards, and thanks again,
>Harold Rennie
>
>On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 sgilliam@guilford.edu wrote:
>
>> We obtained a version of the Battle of Culloden indluding a video and book
>> packaged together from
>>
>> Everything Scottish
>> PO Box 398
>> Linville, NC 28646
>>
>> Ph. 704 733 1399
>>
>> It is a 1993 docudrama staged by reenactors with commentary by military
>> historians.
>> Directed by Graham Holloway .
>> The video was distributed by Cromwell Films.
>> About 54 minutes long.

UC Berkeley 94720-6000