Re: facets

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

I for one believe that ALL films have merit. I have no problem with Facets
selling cheapie titles.
My Company. Kino just put out a set of thirties exploitation films which we
were very proud to say were mastered from archival material. It isn't
everyone who goes to the Library of Congress to get access to NARCOTIC by
that great Autuer Dwain Esper. THe point is what we today see as a stupid
worthless film maybe someone's dissertation topic in 30 years.

My greatest achievement in film preservation was to facilitate the
donation of some 800 porn prints to the Kinsey Institute. As a history major
gone wrong I would never dismiss any films at least for their cultural
worth. My favorite film of all time, KISS ME DEADLY was condemned as a
violent,disgusting worthless film by virtually all American critics when it
was released in 1955
So I have no problem if Facets wants to carry Sizzle Beach or the best of
Pamela Anderson
I wish they wouldn't carry certain illegal films like THE SORROW AND THE
PITY but they can
have all the junk they can sell

Jessica Rosner
Kino