Re: more McVideo?

Jonathan Miller (
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

First Run/Icarus Films distributes HAMBURGER, a two-film series
by Peter Heller, which are among our best sellers over many years.

MACPROFIT is a general critique of the fast food industry, with a lot
about training, food production, advertising and marketing.
See the Macprofit page of our web site

JUNGELBURGER is a film about the impact of the fast food industry
on the people and rain forests of Costa Rica.
See the Jungelburger page of our web site

If you would like additional information about either of these films
(synopsis, reviews, etc.)
we will be happy to send it to you.

Jonathan Miller

At 04:09 AM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>I'm hunting for more social criticism/social history-type videos devoted to
>McDonald's and fast-food culture. In particular, I'm hoping to locate one
>or more video sources that would serve as an introduction to sociologist
>George Ritzer's "McDonaldization Thesis." I'd also welcome suggestions for
>video criticism on related topics such as credit card culture and
>"Disney-ization." Any suggestions?
>Thanks in advance!
>Mark Green
>Simpson College
>Indianola, Iowa
>"Home of the 1999 Division III National Softball Champions"
Jonathan Miller, President
First Run / Icarus Films
153 Waverly Place
New York, NY 10014 USA