Re: more McVideo?

Jonathan Miller (jmiller@frif.com)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

First Run/Icarus Films distributes HAMBURGER, a two-film series
by Peter Heller, which are among our best sellers over many years.

MACPROFIT is a general critique of the fast food industry, with a lot
about training, food production, advertising and marketing.
See the Macprofit page of our web site
http://www.frif.com/cat97/k-o/macprof.html

JUNGELBURGER is a film about the impact of the fast food industry
on the people and rain forests of Costa Rica.
See the Jungelburger page of our web site
http://www.frif.com/cat97/f-j/hamburge.html

If you would like additional information about either of these films
(synopsis, reviews, etc.)
we will be happy to send it to you.

Jonathan Miller

At 04:09 AM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I'm hunting for more social criticism/social history-type videos devoted to
>McDonald's and fast-food culture. In particular, I'm hoping to locate one
>or more video sources that would serve as an introduction to sociologist
>George Ritzer's "McDonaldization Thesis." I'd also welcome suggestions for
>video criticism on related topics such as credit card culture and
>"Disney-ization." Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Mark Green
>Simpson College
>Indianola, Iowa
>"Home of the 1999 Division III National Softball Champions"

Jonathan Miller, President
First Run / Icarus Films
153 Waverly Place
New York, NY 10014 USA