Re: hubbed or hubless?? video cases

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:22:35 -0700 (PDT)

Supposedly the hubs are there to keep the tape from rattling around, and
thereby protecting it from damage. What I can say for sure is that 75% of
the public (and some staff) don't seem to understand that there is only
one correct way to put the video in the case (at least on the cases we
buy, some others work both ways). The result is that the video is forced
into the case any which way & the lid jammed shut, which can cause even
more wear and tear, especially on the gate mechanism.

John Holland
Chicago Public Library
Film/Video Center
(312)747-4100