Re: German Film Footage

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Fri, 28 May 1999 09:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Eileen,

The Film is "Triumph of the Will" and is available from Facets Video for
$29.95. Also, for similar copycat rally scenes based on "Triumph of the
Will" you might be interested in "Starship Troopers", a sci-fi film directed
by Paul Verhoeven that also borrows from Riefenstahl. It is available for
$19.95.

If you have any questions regarding this information please feel free to
contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill
Director of Educational Services
Facets Video
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
phone: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

At 09:26 AM 05/28/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anybody know of a documentary that would include footage from the Third
>Reich's heyday? A faculty member wants to compare the last scenes from Star
>Wars, Pt. 4 to a Hitler type rally. The specific part is where all the
>troops are lined up to see Luke and Hans receive their medals. He thinks
>that a similar scene from Hitler's time would be included in some of Leni
>Riefenstal's (sp.) work. Is anyone familiar with such scenes in her films?
>I have seen the type of scene he wants, but I can not remember where I saw
>it.
>
>Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Eileen Karsten
>Head of Technical Services
>North Park University
>Ekarsten@northpark.edu <mailto:Ekarsten@northpark.edu>

***WIN FREE VIDEOS BY ENTERING OUR MONTHLY WEB PAGE CONTESTS!
***THE COMPLETE FACETS CATALOG IS NOW ON-LINE! SEARCH THE ENTIRE FACETS
CATALOG ON OUR WEB SITE FOR TITLES, DIRECTORS, GENRES, AND MORE!
FACETS MULTI-MEDIA, INC. OPERATING HOURS:
1517 W. FULLERTON AVE. SALES..:9am-8pm MON-FRI
CHICAGO, IL 60614 10am-6pm SAT
SALES...1-800-331-6197 closed SUN
RENTALS.1-800-532-2387 RENTALS:10am-10pm MON-SAT
GENERAL.773-281-9075 12pm-10pm SUN
FAX.....773-929-5437

VISIT OUR WEBSITE! - http://www.facets.org

EMAIL: