RE: The Y2K Crisis

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Wed, 19 May 1999 11:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim!

The country of origin for this particular production is U.S., unfortunately,
the exemption does not transfer. This makes it quite difficult for us, as
many distributors/producers in the U.S. often don't know what the heck I'm
talking about when I ask if a video has public performance rights or not.
Canadian law states that we must have permission of some kind to be able to
show videos in a classroom setting, whether it be U.S., Canadian, or
Guatamalan. -- strange but true.

Robert Hooft
Justice Institute of B.C
Library - A/V Section