Re: The Y2K Crisis

Stan Diamond (
Wed, 19 May 1999 10:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that B.C. is in
Canada and that Canada does not fall under the US fair use exemption and
must determine usage permissions under their own copyright statutes.

Stan Diamond

>Hey words: face-to-face classroom teaching; FAIR USE!!!! You
>don't need no steeenking badges...
>Gary Handman
>At 09:30 AM 05/19/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hi everyone!!
>>We have a video entitled "The Y2K Crisis" that was donated to us by one of
>>our instructors. It's hosted by Robert Stack and is produced by Strategic
>>Productions Inc. It also lists a website on the back of the box (which
>>never connects!!).
>>Anyhow, I would like to find out if it is for Home Use only, or, if it can
>>be used for classroom use (it has no markings whatsoever that states for
>>Home Use).
>>Does anyone know where I can find a phone number for Strategic Productions
>>Thanks in Advance
>>Robert Hooft
>>Justice Institute of B.C
>>Library - A/V Section
>>715 McBride Blvd
>>New Westminster, B.C.
>>V3L 5T4
>>Visit our website at:
>Gary Handman
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley 94720-6000
>"Everything wants to become television" (James Ulmer -- Teletheory)

Stan Diamond Mass Networks
Project Manager 91 Harvey Street
617-491-9944 Cambridge, MA 02140 617-491-8485 (fax)