Re: Videos/DVD/Audio closed stacks or open

stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Mon, 17 May 1999 10:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

Sandy,

Our media collection is in closed stacks.  Works well w/ very little complaints.  Of course, it's all our patrons have ever known.  Our collection is fully cataloged w/ on-line access on our local database as well as the UC system wide database.

Stephen

At 08:00 AM 5/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I would like to know if your library/media center places videos/dvds/audiocassettes/laserdiscs/other media formats, behind the circulation counter or out in the open stacks?
>
>Currently, students/faculty must request the titles they want from the circulation counter.  You are not allowed to browse the collection since it is behing the circulation counter.
>
>Sincerely,
>Sandy McCarthy
>Media/Electronic Collections Librarian
>Washtenaw Community College
>
>--
>http://www.wccnet.org/

Stephen O'Riordan
Film & Video Library
University of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla Ca 92023-0175Q
phone: (619) 534-7981
fax:       (619) 534-0189
e-mail:  soriordan@ucsd.edu
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fvl/FVLPAGE.HTM