Re: Compact Shelving for Videos

Karen Driessen (karend@selway.umt.edu)
Fri, 7 May 1999 14:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

As I have responded to others on this list, we have one of the Gemtrac
units and are very pleased with it. In fact we are trying to find money to
purchase additional units. We happen to have severe space constraints and
are in a closed stack environment for our almost 10,000 video titles. The
staff who use it on a daily basis are quite happy with it. Perhaps someone
else can respond as to its effectiveness in an open stack environment.
Feel free to email me if you have further questions.
At 12:40 PM 5/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Videolibbers:
>
>We're in the process of purchasing compact shelving for our ever-expanding
>collection of videos (and eventually DVDs). Thanks to Berkeley's
>excellent archive to Videolib's articles, I was able to pull up three
>articles written in September 1997 on this subject. My question to the
>group is: In 1997 the feeling toward compact shelving was generally
>negative; do people have similar feelings today? We are especially
>interested in Gemtrac made by RussBassett. Thank you for whatever
>information you can provide.
>
>Gloria Barker
>Acquisitions Librarian
>Wallace Library
>Wheaton College
>Norton, MA 02766
>(508) 286-3723
>gbarker@wheatonma.edu

Karen C. Driessen, Director Phone: 406-243-2856
Instructional Media Services FAX: 406-243-4067
Mansfield Library E-mail:
karend@selway.umt.edu
The University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812