RE: Feature films

John Hoskyns-Abrahall (John@BULLFROGFILMS.COM)
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

My take on the public library situation is that the standards for video
collections are way below those for book collections. It's not
surprising given that media literacy is still in its infancy. That's
why this list is so important for spreading knowledge about good work.

I think librarians who want to guard against print bias should examine
the criteria their libraries use for selecting books, and try to apply
them (in so far as they are applicable to another medium) to their video
collections.

Assuming that takes place many specialty distributors could afford to
lower their prices. I realize it's a chicken and egg argument, but so
far the reality we perceive is that there are not enough public
libraries out there who are interested in good work.

John Hoskyns-Abrahall
John Hoskyns-Abrahall
Bullfrog Films
PO Box 149