Re: Splicing

mjaesch (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

I have been splicing broken videos for some time now. Yes, when the splice
runs through the VCR head the screen jitters for a couple seconds, but that
is all. I have never heard of anybody claiming damage to their VCR because a
splice ran through their machine. Splicing a film and losing a couple of
seconds beats replacing it. Although, I often order a replacement and
circulate the spliced copy until the new one is catalogued. The splicing
materials I use are little mylar tabs.

Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City-County Library