Re: MAGNETICALLY DAMAGED VIDEOS

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Thu, 6 May 1999 08:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

We've been having more damage to our talking books. One theory is that
people set them down too close to the self-check machine as they check out
print books.

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us
----------
From: Stan_Gilliam/Guilford@guilford.edu
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: MAGNETICALLY DAMAGED VIDEOS
Date: Thursday, May 06, 1999 8:30AM

The only damage I have observed has been caused by
swiping a cassette through the tattle-tape desensitizer.

I know there are supposed to be magnetic fields around
computer monitors, tv's, amplifiers and loudspeakers, but
I have never personally observed any damage caused by
these things. I suppose if some one left a video on top of a
computer monitor for a while, some damage could occur.

Hope this helps.