Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: MAGNETICALLY DAMAGED VIDEOS
Date: Thursday, May 06, 1999 8:30AM
The only damage I have observed has been caused by
swiping a cassette through the tattle-tape desensitizer.
I know there are supposed to be magnetic fields around
computer monitors, tv's, amplifiers and loudspeakers, but
I have never personally observed any damage caused by
these things. I suppose if some one left a video on top of a
computer monitor for a while, some damage could occur.
Hope this helps.