Re: marquise von O

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

Joan,
My info might be outdated by now, but it seems like just yesterday.

When I was looking for Marquise von O a year and a half ago, I thought I'd
found it in an older catalog from New Line Cinema, but when I called them
they told me they no longer had the rights to distribute it. Then I posted
my question on videolib and received a reply from Milos Stehlik at Facets.
He said: "...was once distributed in the US theatrically and
non-theatrically by New Line Cinema, has never been released on video and
things look very dim as to whether it might ever be; it's apparently caught
up in a very tangled legal mess as to rights. It's too bad; it's a very
interesting film."

I know this isn't much, but sometimes a "no" answer is a help.
Marilyn Huntley

At 07:51 PM 4/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Video-L,
> Trying to find two videos:
>1) Marquise von O (Klaus Sander, Dieter Mann)
>2) Red deer of Rhum (BBC, 1978)
>
>Any suggestions?
> Thanks--Joan O'Connor

Audiovisual Classroom Services
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu