Re: "world history from 1917-present"

Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:39:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all...

Here's the deal on dubbing: if the library owns a legally-acquired copy of
the work, if the work is
physically at risk (which most 3/4" tapes are), and if an attempts to find
a replacement at fair market price have been unsuccessful, I'd say the
library is clearly in the clear to dub a working (i.e. circulation) copy.
I'd say the hell with written permission...

Gary Handman
UC Berkeley