Re: Thanks!

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:55:05 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Oksana! In addition to preparing for a more typical library
job, be sure to hone your computer skills.

Mike didn't ask about jobs in academic libraries, but I'll throw in my 2
cents. There are still media librarian jobs in academic libraries, and I
am hoping that developments in multimedia help create new ones. I think
that when there have been openings, there have not been an overabundance
of qualified applicants. And you can always start in an academic library,
then move to a public library! Media librarian skills are much the same
in any type of library.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries