Re: Fear and Desire (1953)

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:53:16 -0700 (PDT)

Fear and Desire is not available for rental or purchase for the time being.
There are a couple of archives that have prints but public screenings were
forbidden by Kubrick (with good reason). I've seen the film and understand
why Kubrick did not want it shown in public. Now that he's dead there
appears to be a surge to see this unavailable film. If your professor has
not seen it before, he/she is in for a disappointment rather than a
revelation.

Oksana

At 02:23 PM 4/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>Would anyone have any purchasing information on this Kubrick film? I have a
>professor who would like to screen the film for his Kubrick course in the
>fall. I have been unable to find any purchasing information, if it exists.
>Perhaps a 16mm rental source?
>
>Any information would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Liz Fries, Program Coordinator
>Brooklyn College
>Department of Film
>2900 Bedford Avenue
>Brooklyn, NY 11210-2889
>ph: (718) 951-5664
>fx: (718) 951-4733
>efries@brooklyn.cuny.edu
>http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/film/

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8