Re: DIGITAL TV just around the corner

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

..just back from a conference last week. Read Stan's note, and, of
course, I can't help but
throw my snide 2 cents in, too (I guess that's four cents Canadian,
Oksana). I find no end to the hilarity in the fact that the industry seems
to be pushing another high tech delivery gew-gaw in the face of
pathetically atrophied content. One wonders: if one tenth the combined
price tag for rejiggering broadcasters and livingrooms for the brave new
world were pumped into national arts funding, maybe there'd be something to
watch...

Gary Handman
UCB