Re: A question for AV catalogers (fwd)

JOAN ROZZI (rozzi@nevada.edu)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:13:35 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:52:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Katherine Rankin <krankin@nevada.edu>
To: JOAN ROZZI <rozzi@nevada.edu>
Subject: Re: A question for AV catalogers (fwd)

Hi Joan,
I don't know if I'm allowed to post to that list or not, so I'll give you
my answer (my counterpart at UNR agrees with me).

I think they are a type of videodisc, so I would make the GMD
videorecording, the SMD videodisc, put the size in the 300 |c to
distinguish them from the 12 inch videodiscs, and make a note that it is a
DVD. We're using the same item type as we use for the 12 inch videodiscs.
I guess on some you can select the language you want subtitles to
display in, so you could make a language note stating what langauages they
are in separated by the word or.
Kathy

Katherine L. Rankin Phone: (702) 895-3062
Special Formats Catalog Librarian FAX: (702) 895-1078
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Internet: krankin@nevada.edu