Re: Noh and Kabuki

Nell (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:21:51 -0800 (PST)

We got several titles about Kabuki and Noh theatre from Insight Media.
"Japan: the living tradition" and "Aspects of the Kabuki theatre of Japan"
explore the traditions, techniques and training. "Noh, Classical Theatre
of Japan" shows the performance of two excerpts of traditional Noh pieces.
None of these three are complete performances, but are very good
instruction documentaries.

At 09:07 AM 3/23/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi gang!
>

>Looking for a tape of a noh work entitled: Matsukaze. Any leads.
>

>Anyone have good sources for Noh and Kabuki performance on video (besides
the films for the Humanities and Insight Media stuff?)

>Gary Handman
>
>Director
>
>Media Resources Center
>
>UC Berkeley
>
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edi
>
>510-643-8566
>
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>

>"Everything wants to be television" (James Ulmer -
><italic>Teletheory</italic>)

Nell J. Chenault nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu
Cabell Media Resource Services
University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033 (804) 828-1088 FAX: 828-7473