Re: Laserdisc Storage

Beth Hansen (ehhan@conncoll.edu)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:47:41 -0800 (PST)

Jim et al.,
Just a note about hang-up bags... as Brigid mentioned, these can be a
really handy way to store laser discs. We have had two problems with
these which have limited their use at our library. You need to be
careful about the amount of weight they can hold... boxed sets are
sometimes too heavy and break the handles. We've also found that our
handles eventually become brittle, crack and break! We've always thought
it must have to do with the dry air in the building..... We're now using
old film racks with the discs in plastic sleeves... not so good!
Best of luck!
Beth
Beth Hansen ehhan@conncoll.edu
Media Acquisitions & Cataloging Librarian
Shain Library--Connecticut College
270 Mohegan Ave. New London, CT 06320-4196
(860) 439-2681 voice ; (860) 439-2871 fax