Re: Promoting videos

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 07:52:56 -0800 (PST)

Well, Kris, that's well said. Our problem is that we just don't have a video librarian. (I do
all book acquisitions for the library, in addition to media acquisitions, and I'm a high school
teacher & counselor by training, not a librarian!) I am happy to do some research on a
topic & locate reviews, but I'm not sure how much help I can be beyond that. If our new
Media Center director isn't "into" video acquisitions (as could well happen at a school this
size), what then?

In short, I see your point; I really do. As you say, our library director retains a portion of
the book selecting for himself, but our journal selection is almost totally faculty-driven, as
is the video selection. I think that's just the difference between a small college & a larger
university?? Thanks for the input!
Susan