Re: Promoting videos

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:19:57 -0800 (PST)

Our single best strategy here at San Francisco State University for
promoting faculty interest in the media collection is having the faculty
select the titles. Nothing promotes faculty interest, sense of ownership
and use of the collection better. A copy of our faculty media
recommendation form is available at

http://www.sfsu.edu/~avitv/media.purchase.form.html

Requests are reviewed by the faculty member's college dean (primarily to
prioritize purchases in view of available funds). And when a faculty
member asks me why we don't have a particular title, I can say, "Why not
recommend it for purchase?"

Internet access is also a great help, of course. The main website for our
media collection is

http://www.sfsu.edu/~avitv/AV.mediacatalog.html

The bottom line is, if you want them to use the collection, let them build
it.

Brigid Duffy
Media Purchasing
Audio Visual/ITV Center