Re: Promoting videos

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:54:28 -0800 (PST)

Since the development of our web site four or five years ago, our
circulation has increased by over 35%.
Making collections videographically accessible is one of the best ways of
promoting a collection that I know of.

The other way of increasing circulation and use is, of course, building a
collection that is highly responsive to real teaching and research needs.
This requires eternal vigilance and a lot of schmooze time with primary
users and potential users. The bottom line is that many faculty as pretty
provincial when it comes to the video "literature" in their field. Good ol'
hardcore viewers advisory services can often make the difference between a
languishing collection and one that's well loved and used.

At 01:50 PM 03/16/1999 -0800, Marguerite Hawkins wrote:
>Hello Videolibers - I am hoping that some of you can share with me your
>strategies for promoting your videos to the academic staff. Our old ways are
>not working all that well and I am trying to find new ideas and some methods
>that are working for you. If you can help I would be very grateful.
>Marguerite
>mhawkins@swin.edu.au

UC Berkeley
ghandman@library.berkeley.edi