Re: Afro-Cuban music

Susan Weber (
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:08:32 -0800 (PST)

There's a 48 min. 1995 production called Afrocubanismo which is
very good about origins of AfroCuban music. Features los
Munequitos de Matanzas and Chucho Valdez. Produced in Canada,
distributed by Filmwest. E-mail is
or Tel. 250 769-3399.

You didn't say whether you were interested in features or documentaries.
A recent feature, Black Tears (Lastimas Negras) focuses on 1 group
from Santiago de Cuba.

At 02:06 PM 3/2/99 -0800, Joan Goodwin wrote:
>Maybe someone out there can suggest some titles for videos on Afro-Cuban
>music, or
>latin jazz. I was thinking 'The Buena Vista Social Club' but I haven't
>located a distributor, if one exists. Any thoughts?
>Joan Freeman Goodwin
Susan Weber, Media Librarian
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
Langara College
100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 2Z6 Canada

Tel: 604 323-5533 Fax: 604 323-5475