Fwd: Interview with Media Librarian

Becky Albitz (r2a@psulias.psu.edu)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 06:45:29 -0800 (PST)

--Boundary_(ID_Laxg1c7VHw2cgB7y/wRJpw)

Good Morning All:

It is always nice to see one of our own profiled in the press. The following
is an announcement of an interview of Mary Keelan in The Independent Film and
Video Monthly. Take a look!

Becky Albitz
VRT Chair

> Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 18:51:35 -0500
> From: S MONTGOMERY
> Subject: Interview with Media Librarian
> To: r2a@psulias.psu.edu
>
> Dear Ms. Albitz,
>
> I'm writing to let you know that I recently published an interview with a
> media librarian in the Jan./Feb. issue of The Independent Film & Video
> Monthly. It's entitled "Checking out Film with Media Librarian Mary
Keelan."

> I hope you'll have the chance to read it -- and do let me know what you
think
> of it, if you do.
>
> You may remember that I published an article several years ago in American
> Libraries about three media librarians entitled "Librarians Guide Director
> Down New Road to Morocco."

The subject of Montgomery's Amercian Libraries article was the making of his
documentary "Morocco: The Past and Present of Djemma el Fna." Now, the
film is
available for preview via the internet at: www.moroccofilm.com. Click on
VIEW
to preview. This is one of the first educational documentaries available for
preview online --and perhaps represents the future method for media librarians
to shop for videos (preview a video without leaving the comfort of your own
PC! No cumbersome video cassettes to send through the mail!).

> I hope things are going well with VRT.
>
> With best regards
>
> Steve Montgomery

Becky Albitz