Re: Obraining public performance rights for a video

Kino International Corporation (
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 06:08:51 -0800 (PST)

Basically you are going to have to figure out who OWNS the rights to the
title which is often NOT THE SAME as the company that put out the home
video. This is especially true of feature films. In most cases the owner
will require payment.Not charging admission basically makes no difference
in a public performance. Mosty Hollywood studio titles are fairly easy to
trace (SWANK or MPLC) but without knowing which film you are wanting to
show, thats as much as I know.

Jessica Rosner