RE: TV Turn-Off

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:28:29 -0800 (PST)

interesting. It looks and feels to me more like a vacuum. There is no
there, there. Our users may have been rewired, but where is the light bulb?
rob
----------
From: HIRSCH Bonnie C
To: *Library Youth & Ext Services
Subject: FW: Fwd: Video discrimination
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 8:52AM

There has been quite a discussion on the media list about "turn off TV
week." I'll spare you most of it, but some of the points have been that
computer games are using more time than TV in some households; anti-TV
campaigns are like having an anti-church week because some cults are bad;
and , as mentioned below, we should focus more on teaching critical
thinking and considered evalution of all media and time uses.

Bonnie

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us