Re: foreign films

John Holland (
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:05:44 -0800 (PST)

If the film of DIE ZAUBERFLOTE you are looking for is the Ingmar Bergman
film (which was always marketed as THE MAGIC FLUTE in this country, and is
actually called TROLLFLOJTEN since it is sung in Sewdish), you might try
Kit Parker Films - (800) 538-5838. It used to be distributed by Films Inc,
and I believe all (most) of their rights were sold off to Kit Parker.

By the way, that should read "Swedish", not "Sewdish"! I'm too lazy to
backtrack for typos today!

John Holland
Chicago Public Library
Film/Video Center

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, VICKI wrote:

> Hello,
> We have managed to track down the public performance rights to several
> foreign films but still lack the rights to two films. Does anybody have
> any information or ideas on where to find the video public performance
> rights to...
> 1. La Chevre
> 2. Die Zauberflote
> Thank you VERY much for any leads. Vicki
> Vicki Pillow
> Coordinator of Instructional Technology
> Hendrix College
> 1600 Washington Avenue
> Conway, Arkansas 72032