Re: video search

dawn porfirio-milton (
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 21:02:32 -0800 (PST)

I think the movie you are asking about might be "Tim". Starring a very
young Mel Gibson and Piper Laurie (1979). Mel plays a young adult who
is slightly mentally handicapped and Piper Laurie plays the older women
who falls in love with him. Supporting performances by an Australian
cast. I have seen this film--it's excellent in my opinion and it got 5
1/2 stars in the Video Movie Guide 1999. It shouldn't be hard to find a
copy to purchase.

>From Wed Jan 6 18:05:57 1999
>Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:03:24 -0800 (PST)
>To: Multiple recipients of list <>
>Subject: Re: video search
>Julie Haferd wrote:
>> A patron is looking for a video on the relationship between a
>> middle-aged woman and a much younger man or teenage boy. Does such
>> video exist?
>Could it be Summer of 42. Great movie from my teen years. Jemnifer
>O'Neill was in it. Beautiful soundtrack by LeGrande I think. I don't
>know if its on video or not.

Get Your Private, Free Email at