Re: license

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@gold.sdln.net)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:15:25 -0800 (PST)

Strictly speaking to fall under "educational use" there has to be
face-to-face-teaching, grades have to be given, the video content has to be
directly related to the curricular subject matter, etc. Therefore, I don't
think that a faculty/teacher conference falls under the educational use
provision of copyright law (However, I may personally disagree with it).
It would not fall within fair use. Therefore, I would think that you/or
the faculty member in question, would have to get public performance rights
from the copyright holder for that particular showing instance. It may
cost/or not. Just my opinion. Jim Scholtz. Yankton Community Library, SD.