Re: license

Sally Wellman -- AVRC (swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:12:59 -0800 (PST)

Whenever we use a video at a conference or meeting, we always make sure it
has public performance rights. We also advise libraries that borrow from
us to use videos with public performance rigts if they are showing it to a
group -- whether at a library program or at storytime. All of our videos
are marked either for home use or public performance. We believe it is up
to the user to use them accordingly.

At 07:30 AM 11/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a question for the list...How do you handle a faculty members'
>request to show a video at a small conference? Does this fall under fair use
>for educational use, or will we need to get public performance rights??
>
>Thanks in advance for your advice.
>Ann
>

>Ann O'Brien Fuller
>Head of Media Services