Re: digitizing rights

Rick Faaberg (rickf@nwresd.k12.or.us)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:51:55 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:54:49 -0800 (PST) rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu
(Rhonda Rosen) wrote:

>hello,
>we are looking into a centralized media distribution system
>that would
>require digital rather than analog transmission. I have two
>questions:
>
>1. does anyone have any experience in this type of interactive
>digital
>video system?

Yes I do, and getting more all the time as I rise on the
learning curve. I posted the question on this list some time ago
and had little response, so we're forging ahead - all by
ourselves!

8^)

>2. what about getting digital rights for your video
>collection?

Yes, that would be a necessity. Copyright holders are all over
the map on this one ($-wise), but I'm having some success after
indicating that digital is where we're headed, and companies
that can't offer their titles at reasonable cost obviously won't
be a player in a new, digital, on-demand scenario.

Rick
Rick Faaberg
Manager, Technology and Support Services
Northwest Regional Education Service District
5825 NE Ray Circle
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
(503) 614-1648 audio
(503) 237-8426 pager