Re: rentals

Mon, 2 Nov 1998 23:41:12 -0500 (EST)

I lend to students within Indiana University (there are 8 campuses) and
the other colleges and universities within Indiana. Beyond that, we have
agreements within the Big 10. Upon request I will lend to faculty
anywhere. I firmly believe that we should be lending. Recently the VRT
sponsored a policy on the lending of audiovisual materials, which was
endorsed by many groups within ALA and approved by Council. It states
that it's fine to place limits upon what you will lend and to whom, but we
should be lending to one another.

Since the demise of so many rental collections, this activity is more
important than ever.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries