Re: Sembene video

Milos Stehlik (milos@interaccess.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:12:40 -0600

Gary --

The copy that you bought is a perfectly legal British PAL copy released in England, if memory serves
right,
by Connoisseur Video/the British Film Institute. It is true that New Yorker Films has released Xala
in both
35 and 16mm; I personally don't know whether they have U.S. video rights. In the past, New Yorker
has
always claimed that Sembene doesn't want his work on video; this is obviously not the case since at
least
Xala and some of his short films (Borom Sarret) are available on video in England. We would
certainly
not import any video which has a U.S. video release.

best,

Milos Stehlik