Re: Personal copies of videos on reserve

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@gold.sdln.net)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:37:05 -0600

I agree. We shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves - we are all in this
together and I count myself very lucky to have many distributors as friends
(their frank insights have helped me in my work and also in writing books).
But there is always room for discussion - that's the great thing about
this listserve and there are many video distributors just getting into the
business who do not have the same mindset or view of long-term professional
satisfaction and business economics as the Barr Films, MTI/Corenet,
Encyclopedia Britannica, Churchill Films, etc. of the past - looking at
establishing long-term relationships with buyers instead of distance,
telemarketing point-of sale profits. We just don't have the same dynamics
as we once did - heck, I'm only 42 yrs. old and I'm longing for the good
old days in the 70s and 80s (I'd settle for 1985 - that was a good year!).
Jim Scholtz.