Re: Personal copies of videos on reserve

Stan Nicotera (stann@sivideo.com)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 05:55:25 -0500

At 02:21 PM 10/27/98 -0800, Gary Handman wrote:
>I'm sorry, Carolyn. You've just pushed one of my particularly sensitive
>button...now you get the major diatribe.
>Unless there is a clear contractual agreement which I sign...I'm
>gonna use any damn (legal) thing I want as course reserve viewing. That's
>my fair use right, and you can believe I'm gonna stand by that right.

Gary's right and I wholeheartedly agree (and I'm a vendor). For some
background on Copyrights, Fair Use & Right of First Sale, visit
http://www.sivideo.com/1stsale.htm

It's a good read. Kindly let me know what you think of it. Stan
-------
Stan Nicotera
S.I. Video Sales Group
1531 Placida Road, #3202,
POB 968, Englewood, FL 34295
941-473-2601 Fax 941-473-2701
E-Mail: mailto:stann@sivideo.com
Special Interest Videos: http://www.sivideo.com
Feature Films area: http://www.sivideo.com/movies.htm
Open Captioned area: http://www.sivideo.com/opencap.htm

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence then is a habit, not an act."
Aristotle