Re: Personal copies of videos on reserve

Stan Diamond (sdiamond@massnetworks.org)
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:02:38 -0500

Carolyn,
While I can appreciate the need for distributors to profit on the
sale of their collections, the copyright law clearly provides that any
legally acquired video may be used in a face to face teaching situation
without regard to copyright restriction. It would then appear that this
clause (which I believe is 110a) would cover purchased home use videos when
used in a classroom.

Stan