Re: Personal copies of videos on reserve

Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)

Why does a library need public performance rights for a reserve video?
It's being used in the same way as videos in our own collection and we do
not purchase public performance rights for those videos unless we have to.
This library's collection is filled with home videos, and our collection
is not atypical for an academic library. None of the videos in this
collection are used by the person who purchased it!

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries