Re: Central Closed Circuit Delivery systems

Cathleen Cummings, Media Coordinator - SRJC (ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:35:43 -0800

At 01:35 PM 10/22/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Would anyone know about closed circuit VHS delivery systems that allow
>libraries to play VHS videos behind a desk. The video program then shows
>on a public TV unit. That way, the patron would never handle a video
>inside the library.
>
>I know that they're expensive. Are they effective and worth the
>expense? Also, would anyone know any companies that I may speak with
>that sell these units?

We have 11 viewing carrels with direct cabling to the VCR's on our
side of the counter. Each carrell has it's own remote and 2 students can
view together. That way we have the video in hand. We also have 2 small
viewing rooms for small groups - if an instructor is not with them, we hold
an ID with the video box until returned.

Cathleen Cummings
Media Coordinator, Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA- USA 95401
ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu