Re: Central Closed Circuit Delivery systems

Judy Jones (jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:21:13 PST8PDT

We used to have this method years ago. It's very limiting -
glad it's gone. We find it much more satisfactory to let
patrons go to their own carrel. However, it wasn't very
hi-tech, just a lot of wires and units that broke down too often
due to over -heating in confined spaces. Our old console used
to services about 12 machines. Now we have 30 carrels.

Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:06:18 -0700 (PDT) Reply-to:
videolib@library.berkeley.edu From: Rick Faaberg
<rickf@nwresd.k12.or.us> To: Multiple recipients of list
<videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: Central Closed
Circuit Delivery systems

While not a solution to your specific "analog" scenario, I'd certainly include
a look at Cisco's IPTV system as a possible alternative. It would work
especially well on a small, fast LAN.

See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/109.htm

Rick