Re: Latino Movies

Henry K Mattoon (hkm@crl.com)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

Richard,

NLCC contact info:
Jose Luis Ruiz
Executve Director
NLCC
3171 Los Feliz Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90039-1527
323/664.8294 voice
323/663.5606 fax
<http://www.nlcc.com>

They do not appear to have any of your requested titles, but you might ask
them for alternate sources.

I haven't had time to verify these others sources, but last I knew, EL
NORTE was available through: <http://www.homefilmfestival.com/>

ESTADO DEL TIEMPO (aka CHANGING TIDES) appears to be available through:
<http://www.lavavideo.org/lava> and for this specific title,
<http://lavavideo.org/LAVA/Titles/detail?Title_ID_3979>. Prod co is:
Kangaroo Productions (212/674.5332) & sells for $250. (Subtitled, 1994;
34:22 min).

PUERTO RICAN MAMBO : NOT A MUSICAL [can't find a source]. Might have some
luck via website for agent & star Robert DiTillio [323/936.6800]: Quality
Artists. There is also a website (with mnimal info on the work at:
<http://www.users.interport.net/~manaben/prm1.html>).

Finally, another site to check, among many, which I didn't have time
to search is THE QUALIA-NET COMPREHENSIVE, ANNOTATED, INDEPENDENT FILM. I
have absolutely no idea how good it is:

<http://qualia-net.com/film/links.html>

Best,

Henry