Re: Video about the filmmaking process

Milos Stehlik (milos@interaccess.com)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 07:41:02 -0500

Rajko Grlic, a well-established filmmaker who is head of the film dept. at Ohio U/Athens, spent the
last
three years working ona three-set CD Rom called FILM SCHOOL, which is a basic "film school",
including exercises, texts, references, etc. covering everything from equipment to editing
(including a
film editing "lecture" by Walter Murch). It was demonstrated at the San Francisco and Telluride FIlm

Festivals (where I saw it) and is quite impressive - a quite comprehensive approach modeled, I
assume,
after the classic Eastern European film schools like FAMU/Prague, from which Grlic himself
graduated...

Milos Stehlik