Re: DVD Packaging

Rick Provine (provine@virginia.edu)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:51:38 -0400

--=====================_11858933==_.ALT

Pretty much just feature film...that is about all there is. Film faculty will
nto use VHS, and some titles are now only available in DVD or VHS. We
collected heavily in laserdisc, due to its randon access, letterboxed format,
etc. Bu the only machines available now are the combo DVD/LD players. The
support industries for laser are all moving to DVD. I am not confident that
DVD is the be-all end-all, but as media providers, we have to get used to
changing technologies.