Re: Video about the filmmaking process

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:39:10 -0400

At 02:04 PM 10/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>An instructor is looking for a video that discusses in detail the
>filmmaking process. He is interested in showing students what happens
>step-by-step (including film development) from the idea stage to the
>finished product.
>
>Does anyone know of such a title?
>Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions Librarian/Coordinator of Collection Development
>Library, Columbia College Chicago
>624 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
>(312)344-7355(voice) / (312)344-8062(fax)

Kim:

I recently acquired a CD-ROM called FOCUS!FROM THE MAGIC LANTERN TO IMAX.
(1996 Micro-Intel 59.95CDN) I would imagine that any CD-Rom vendors could
get it for you.

The disc contains a total of 40 minutes running time of film demonstations,
140 screen pages, 200 pages of text and over 400 images from various
archival sources and goes through a number of topics including basic
principles (such as optics, color temperature etc), projection practices
and history, film sizes, printing, color and processes, sound recording and
equipment processes, screen formats etc.

With a good data projector this turns out to be an excellent teaching tool.

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8