Re: GIVING A PRESENTATION

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:37:39 -0400

At 05:55 AM 9/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for a film/video appropriate for undergraduates on how to
>give a presentation. Do any of you have any suggestions?
>
>Rhonda Pancoe
>Media Acquisition Coordinator

Rhonda,

We purchased EFFECTIVE PRESENTATION SKILLS in 1992. It's a kit containing 2
videos and a manual. The producer is L & K International Videotraining in
Toronto (416-252-5407, 800-668-6064) and we purchased the material from
International Telefilm in Toronto (800-561-4300).

It's a humorous approach to making a presentation. The subjects covered
include skill assessment, overcoming anxiety, planning, organizing and
preparation for the presentation as well as development and use of visual
aids. (Since this is not very recent material, powerpoint presentations,
smartboards, Elmos etc are not covered).
The actual delivery is discussed, as well as aspects of question and answer
techniques.

Oksana

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8