RE: Questions from a self-distributor

HIRSCH Bonnie C (Bonnie.C.HIRSCH@ci.eugene.or.us)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 08:00:00 -0700

1- Information is more important than type of case, but it is nice to not
have to re-package the video. We use the "squeeze and shake" cases for
videos that come in paper sleeves.
2- Speaking as a cataloger, it is wonderful to have ISBN's. Speaking as an
acquisitions person, it is wonderful to have ISBN's.
3- This is not a major issue for us, although I do note it in the
cataloging.

Bonnie Hirsch
Eugene (Oregon) Public Library
bonnie.c.hirsch@ci.eugene.or.us
----------
From: olive@sirius.com
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Questions from a self-distributor
Date: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 12:54PM

I am an independent video producer planning to self-distribute a future
documentary. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the following
questions. As a video librarian, do the videos you purchase need to:

(1) be encased in hard cases or paper sleeves?
(2) have ISBN numbers?
(3) be closed captioned for the hearing impaired?

Thank you so much for your time. I want to make sure I do this right :)

Kelly Briley