Re: Questions from a self-distributor

Becky Tatar (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 14:01:30 -0700 (PDT)

At 12:54 PM 9/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I am an independent video producer planning to self-distribute a future
>documentary. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the following
>questions. As a video librarian, do the videos you purchase need to:
>
>(1) be encased in hard cases or paper sleeves?
>(2) have ISBN numbers?
>(3) be closed captioned for the hearing impaired?
>
>Dear Kelly

In answer to your questions, at our library, we put the tapes into
standardized cases that we buy, collapse the cardboard box, or take the
paper sleeve out of the clamshell box, and put them into plastic sleeves for
the public to browse through. ISBN numbers help in locating materials for
purchase, and closed captioning is great for hearing impaired viewers, or
for people learning English. Hope this helps!

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals/Audio-Visual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street